Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Changing Perceptions of Boo Radley

While reading chapters 4-8 my thought of Boo Radely has changed alot. At first I thought he was just some weird scary guy, and now I think of him as a nice carring person. A couple of weird events are Boo putting stuff in the knot hole, and Boo folding and sewing Jem's pants back up for him. "When I went back, they were folded across the fence, like they were expectin' me." Also Boo Radely was giving the kids different things, some that were valuable. This shows that he could be bored and wants to have an outside realtionship and cares about the kids. This made me think different about Boo. This shows that the rumors are not true and he is nice and is not some one sneeking around at night looking at people threw their windows.
When scout was talking with miss maudie I got the feeling that boo is afraid to come out. He is afraid that he might not fit in or be accepted by anyone because of the rumors going around. Also is brother is controlling him because he says everything is a sin. I think Atticus didnt like the kids playing their "Boo Radely" game because he was woried that something might happen to them. I think Atticus is afraid that Boo Radley and his brother might not be to happy if they found out that his kids are playing a game spying on Boo and trying to see what he looks like.

1 comment:

Beck said...

Dude, I totally agree with everything you have posted. I really do think he is a carring person and he is just to afraid to come out and face the whole town because of all the rumors they made up about him. Im acually pretty interested on reading on. I think that the author is now revealing his true being.